Interview by HollywoodChicago.com


HollywoodChicago.com interviewed celebrities that attented the Hollywood Celebrities Show in Illinois on October 17th, 2009 and Tia was among those interviewed.

HC: When you first started out, what was one of the most nerve-racking experiences regarding appearing before a camera?
Tia Carrere: The most difficult thing I had to do was on my first film, when I had to cry on cue. I’d never had done any acting before, so someone said just think of something really sad and make pretend. And that’s what I did. I cried. It was fun but kind of scary because I’d never done it before.

HC: What is the most enjoyable thing, and what is a bummer, about being a sex symbol?
TC: The great thing is that the beauty, youth and sex symbol aspect gets you in the door, but if you come through it at a certain age, they can judge you against that for years to come. They will look at you in pictures, and say ‘she doesn’t look like that anymore!’

HC: What is more enjoyable for you, comedy or drama?
TC: I like playing villains, so that’s drama I guess (laughs). There is that old adage, ‘dying is easy, comedy is hard’ and that’s true.

HC: How does your Filipino heritage influence your life and work?
TC: I am the descendent of people who came to the United States to work in the plantations of Hawaii. I have a good strong work ethic, a good sense of self and I’m very thankful of where I am today because of that.


READ MORE
PICTURES

0 comentários:

Post a Comment